As we all settle into the new year, have you started moving towards your New Years resolution goals yet? Don’t allow your desires, your dreams to slip away as quickly as each week passes by. Take control of your journey and follow your passion and your future, stay on track with your goals that you thought about as the old year was coming to a close.
Did you truly mean it when you said? This new year is going to be different. It’s going to be my best year yet!
Did you clearly define and write down your goals for the new year! Or did you just say them and as the new year begins, you went right back into your pattern of where you left off in the year before? As one of my great mentors Paul J. Meyers taught me, “If you are not making the progress that you would like to make and are capable of making, it is simply because your goals are not clearly defined.”
It is never too late to start anew if you sincerely want change! In this era as we all know, you can no longer always count on what you did before, change is inevitable more than ever in history.
First of all start with the right mindset, it’s not too late, every day is a new day to start becoming the best you can be.
Ready with paper and pen in hand, let’s go
Step 1: Take Inventory & Accountability
Reach deep within don't just think about it, write it down. Just like a journalist would ask probing questions.
- Who do you want to become?
- What actions are needed to get there?
- Where you are now, in every area of your life?
- When do you want to reach the goals, 1 year or 5 years?
- Why do you really want to accomplish the goals?
- How will you accomplish the goals, what do you need to do?
Now have you really taken the time to write it down? Great, let’s help make it happen.
Step 2: Attitude is Everything!
- Stay upbeat, positive.
- Always be solutions oriented.
- Read, listen and engage in personal development every day.
- Anytime you start any negative self-talk or start down the pessimistic path, hold up your hand like a STOP sign and change that thinking.
Watch Your Thoughts, They Become Your Words
Watch Your Words, They Become Actions
Watch Your Actions, They Become Habits
Watch Your Habits, They Become Character
Watch Your Character It Becomes Your Destiny
So, so, so, true.
Step 3: Your Surroundings and Associations:
As Charlie Tremendous Jones states,You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read.
- Who is in your influential circle personally and professionally? If you want to be more successful, associate with those that have accomplished the type of success you want.
- Who do you want to create new relationships or rekindle old relationships with this year?
- What positive environment and people are you around consistently? With facebook.com and meetup.com these days, there are no excuses for not being able to find people, groups, and events to connect with other like-minded people.
Step 4: Your Consistent Activity to Reach Your Goals
Jim Rohn said, his mentor taught him that success is a numbers game and very early on he started asking Jim for his numbers. Yes, even Jim Rohn had a mentor.
- Who do you want to be your accountability workout partner? You’ll help inspire each other through the good times and bad times. Sometimes you need different mentors for different areas of your life. For instance, you might have one mentor for your health goals and a different mentor for business goals.
- Who will be your mentor or coach this year?
- What consistent activity can you do to accomplish your goals? Can you do it daily, weekly, or monthly?
Step 5: Do You Believe?
Even a major weight loss companies new marketing campaign this year is BELIEVE but obviously, belief isn't a new concept. Henry Ford stated so many years ago, Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right. The Power of Belief is so important to instill in yourself to accomplish your best year yet. You need to keep your written goals and WHY you want to accomplish them in a place where you can see them every day, building your belief more and more each day that you can do it.
So what have you done to believe that you can accomplish your goals? If you have done the previous steps of reading the books that can inspire you in what you are trying to pursue and found mentors that have accomplished what you want to accomplish, then you can believe if others have done it, you can do it too. You have greatness within you, take consistent activity and become unstoppable this year!
Happy New Beginnings to you BTW, you can start your New Year any time you want to!
Copyright © 2018 Happiness Jungle LLC
photo credited by unknown